I've posted all of the lesser paraelementals, so now I'm moving on to the full paraelementals. Feedback is welcome.
Stats after the jump.
Climate/Terrain: Anywhere in Sunlight
Activity Cycle: Day
Intelligence: Low (5-7)
No. Appearing: 1
Armor Class: 2
Movement: Fl 24 (A)
Hit Dice: 8, 12, or 16
Thac0: 8 Hit Dice: 13
12 Hit Dice: 9
16 Hit Dice: 5
No. of Attacks: 1
Special Attack: See Below
Special Defense: +2 or better weapon to hit
Magic Resistance: Nil
Size: L-H (8'-16') Height = HD
Morale: 8-12 Hit Dice: Champion (15-16)
16 Hit Dice: Fanatic (17)
XP Value: 8 Hit Dice: 420
12 Hit Dice: 650
16 Hit Dice: 975
A sun paraelemental resembles a miniature sun with glowing red eyes and mouth. Their diameter is equal to their hit dice in feet. Sun paraelementals enjoy absorbing sunlight during the hottest parts of the day and burning things that block sunlight.
In combat, the sun paraelemental uses its heat rays to burn opponents with super heated air. These rays have a range equal to the sun paraelementals hit dice in feet. However, the paraelemental usually prefers to attack by emitting rays of light. It can release six different beams, each with its own effect:
- Dark Red beam: inflicts 3d8 points of heat damage.
- Red beam: inflicts 3d8 points of acid damage.
- Red-Orange beam: inflicts 3d8 points of electrical damage.
- Orange beam: inflicts 3d8 points of bludgeoning damage.
- Orange-Yellow beam: inflicts 3d8 points of piercing damage.
- Yellow beam: inflicts 3d8 points of slashing damage.